Welcome to Lot 829!!

Hi there. I wanted to create a forum to keep in touch with my friends and my immediate and extended family when talking on the phone, e-mailing, or even writing a letter just isn't feasible. I'm hoping to update this site as often as I can, so be sure to bookmark this URL!

Regards,

Jon-Paul


Wednesday, April 8, 2009

I Want To Ride My Bicycle!

Well, so much for New Year's Resolutions--while I said I was going to be more vigilant about updating this page, I let 5 weeks slide by without a peep--my bad!

Anyway, the past two weekends have really been exciting for me, as it was my chance to take my son Max out to get some fresh air and try out his new bike--well new in the sense it was his first time riding it (was a birthday gift but got it just when the fall's weather deteriorated quickly).

So the first day as expected was a bit rocky, in that the mechanics of pedalling were tougher than anticipated for Max. He frustrates easily (that apple doesn't fall far from the tree), but after some patience on both our parts (after a few crying jags), he got to a point where he pedalled fairly consistently, and eventually without issue--now using the brakes was a different story--not grasping that right away resulted in three wipeouts. While somewhat hurt, rather than get back on the bike and start up again right away, Mr. Max asked me to interview him to go over what happened during each incident (similar to how monster truck drivers get interviewed after a run). Classic!

Two more days of bike riding (with two more days of wipeouts, but fewer each time) at two different locations proved enough to get him hooked on bikeriding. Thus far, jaunts to Brookdale Park in Montclair, NJ, the Nutley Park system in Nutley, NJ, and Liberty State Park in Jersey City, NJ, have now been put into the rotation for future trips. I posted a handful of images (to the right) for viewing. No doubt this helps pave the way for bike riding up in Pennsylvania!

No comments: