Over the Memorial Day weekend (technically the Friday before), I gathered my belongings and tools and such and headed up to Lake Adventure for the maiden voyage of 2009. Expecting to see the property overgrown with grass and peppered with downed leaves, I brought along enough stuff to get through the afternoon. I spent about 4 hours working on clearing up the property, including the not-so-easy areas to clear. I did spend some time also trying to learn about things we haven't used yet in the camper, and got on the phone with a technician from Pleasant Acres to go over some basic things like using the water heater. In the end, it was a productive visit and expected that the next visits would be spent enjoying, rather than working.
The very next day was just that. Despite a cloudy day, it was just warm enough to take Max to the camper for swimming and setting up some new stuff in the camper for him to play with. Swimming lasted a tolerable 90 minutes, followed by playing some games we now have at the camper. When it was time to leave (which was about sunset), we did our typical stop at Yetter's Diner in Augusta on route 206--awesome place!
More to come on this season's trips to Pennsylvania!
Welcome to Lot 829!!
Hi there. I wanted to create a forum to keep in touch with my friends and my immediate and extended family when talking on the phone, e-mailing, or even writing a letter just isn't feasible. I'm hoping to update this site as often as I can, so be sure to bookmark this URL!
Regards,
Jon-Paul
Regards,
Jon-Paul
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment