Welcome to Lot 829!!

Hi there. I wanted to create a forum to keep in touch with my friends and my immediate and extended family when talking on the phone, e-mailing, or even writing a letter just isn't feasible. I'm hoping to update this site as often as I can, so be sure to bookmark this URL!

Regards,

Jon-Paul


Thursday, November 6, 2008

Max visits Brooklyn

On the day after Halloween, Max and I found ourselves in our usual Saturday afternoon mode--on the computers, picking up dinner, doing some chores, etc. Towards the night when cabin fever set in, it was evident that getting out of the house was the call to order. So, a relaxing car ride turned into a spontaneous drive into NYC. Despite a bit of traffic heading into the Holland Tunnel, the drive into the city was met with enthusiasm. Max loved all the bright lights, tall buildings, and busy streets. My surprise for him stemmed from an interest he has in the bridges that cross the East River. Not only did we tour areas like Chinatown and Battery Park, but we also took a ride across the Manhattan Bridge into Brooklyn, to do nothing more than just say he was there..we drove for a bit and then banged a Uturn and headed back into NYC. For the rest of the ride, we headed up the FDR to look at the rest of the bridges, and then ultimately came back to New Jersey via the George Washington Bridge.

A waste of gas? Nah. I have to say, I'm not a huge fan of NYC, but there's something about it that makes you think twice when you see the fascination of it all in your son's eyes.

No comments: