Welcome to Lot 829!!

Hi there. I wanted to create a forum to keep in touch with my friends and my immediate and extended family when talking on the phone, e-mailing, or even writing a letter just isn't feasible. I'm hoping to update this site as often as I can, so be sure to bookmark this URL!

Regards,

Jon-Paul


Sunday, August 17, 2008

Back At Lake Adventure For Some Swimming!

A few visits have been made to Lake Adventure since we've brought in our new Park Home, but with Max's apprehension with staying over night, our visits this summer will be limited to day trips--hardly a big deal. While the weather holds up, we're going to pound the pool as our primary source of entertainment. Yesterday was a great pool day for Lynn, Max, and me. While it's nothing different for Max to don the inner tube while putzing around in the water, he did exhibit for the first time interest in 'jumping' into the pool, as well as going underwater, two activities I was eager to help him with (since I never lost my love for swimming). So, a few leaps into the water he took, and I made sure that while I was close enough to practically catch him, I did give him enough room to get the experience of 'splashing in' (so to speak) so he could get the sensation of being underwater, albeit briefly. He LOVED it. In typical Max fashion, he wanted more, more, more. Luckily, the pool for him isn't something he needs to be in for too long, so for the 75 minutes or so we were there, he was more than satisfied--no doubt more days like that will be on the horizon (look for the web album at the right for images of the day).

Another nice detail about our visit to the camper stemmed from a customized sign Lynn had made while down at Great Adventure this past Wednesday. Though initially intended to hang outside near the camper, she decided for now to leave it on the windowsill just above the lot numbers I pasted to the front. In the web album to the right, you'll see pictures of Max holding this sign on his lap as well as it's current address in the window. I think it adds a nice touch to our place! Kudos to my wife!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great post, Jon-Paul! Your father and I had a good time the last time we went.