Welcome to Lot 829!!

Hi there. I wanted to create a forum to keep in touch with my friends and my immediate and extended family when talking on the phone, e-mailing, or even writing a letter just isn't feasible. I'm hoping to update this site as often as I can, so be sure to bookmark this URL!

Regards,

Jon-Paul


Monday, September 1, 2008

Labor Day Weekend Recap

So, the proverbial end of the summer has come and is just about to end. Besides the normal rigors of the weekends (errands, chores, etc.), there were three nice activities that made the weekend enjoyable. My mom's birthday party on Saturday over at their house was nice, where we had a full day of catching up on current events, food, and birthday cake. The visit was also a prelude to my mom's travel today for an extended stay in Kansas to care for my grandmother after her knee surgery (I didn't hear yet whether her flight was affected by the hurricane). The second activity of note was our last chance to swim at Lake Adventure yesterday--the weather was in our favor for this final day of swimming, and the pool, while crowded, was still enjoyable. After a swim, Lynn, Max, and I took our usual detour on the way home for some dinner for Max (at McDonalds) and for Lynn and me at Yetter's Diner (yum). The last, and most meaningful note to me, is today Lynn and I celebrated our 7th wedding anniversary by having lunch out--Eric even came out with the three of us! Of course, I ate more than I needed, so between that and the hard yardwork I did this AM, I am now shot for the rest of the day, but plan to coast anyway, as I have a return to my non-summer hours at work--yuck.

On another note, obviously this week means the return to school--I'm sure this will be noteworthy (or at least humorous watching some folks in this house try to change their internal time clocks to 6:30-7am from the ungodly times they've been waking up this summer--nightowls!)

No comments: