Welcome to Lot 829!!

Hi there. I wanted to create a forum to keep in touch with my friends and my immediate and extended family when talking on the phone, e-mailing, or even writing a letter just isn't feasible. I'm hoping to update this site as often as I can, so be sure to bookmark this URL!

Regards,

Jon-Paul


Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Apple Picking!

Max and I took a nice drive out to west Jersey to pick apples in an orchard we haven't visited previously. Windy Brow orchards in Newton is nestled just off route 519 overlooking Springdale and route 206.





We picked up a couple of bags and took a walk into the orchards.



After some time searching out some varieties, we were somewhat disappointed in the amounts of trees that had already been raided by apple pickers before us. There were still plenty of apples to go around, but lacking in the variety we had hoped (I was looking for some Granny Smiths, a favorite of mine for cooking). In any event, we did manage around 30 lbs. worth of apples, so I guess the mission was accomplished!

No comments: